I had my favorite healthy smoothie this morning. It’s super easy to make and perfect for when you’re in a rush. Just throw all the ingredients in the blender, put it in your favorite to-go cup, and run out the door.
Also, no extra sugar is needed because the banana acts as a natural sweetener. Yay!!
Do you have a favorite smoothie? Do tell us in the comments below!
Green Tea Blueberry Banana Smoothie with Hemp Hearts Recipe Continue reading
Good morning and Happy Friday!
Introducing Foodie Friday! Chauncey and I have decided that a fashion & lifestyle blog is not complete without food. Foodie Fridays will feature what we’re eating and a few recipes.
Here is my recipe for “Skinny” Croutons, followed by what I put in my salad. This recipe will show you how to make a healthier version of regular store bought croutons.
6 slices Sara Lee 40 calorie whole wheat bread
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon parsley
3 cloves minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Combine salt, pepper, parsley, and minced garlic
2. Chop 6 slices of bread into 1 inch cubes
3. Pour the herbs and spices into the bread and toss with 3 tablespoons of extra version olive oil
4. Spread the bread out onto a cookie sheet lined with foil (make sure to use non-stick spray on the foil).
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until desired crispiness and top onto your favorite salad.
Lately, I’ve been eating breakfast salads. I get super hungry in the mornings and found out these keep me full until lunch. My salad is made of mixed greens, slices of red onion, smoked salmon, and roma tomatoes. I don’t use salad dressing. Instead, I poach an egg and use the yolk as “dressing” (the egg also adds protein).