I had my favorite healthy smoothie this morning. It’s super easy to make and perfect for when you’re in a rush. Just throw all the ingredients in the blender, put it in your favorite to-go cup, and run out the door.
Also, no extra sugar is needed because the banana acts as a natural sweetener. Yay!!
Do you have a favorite smoothie? Do tell us in the comments below!
Green Tea Blueberry Banana Smoothie with Hemp Hearts Recipe
- 1 cup of freshly brewed green tea
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts
Put ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
Fun nutrition facts:
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and are beneficial for your nervous system and brain (via George Mateljan Foundation)
- 1 cup of blueberries has 84 calories, 31.7% vitamin K, 19. 1% vitamin C, 14.2% fiber, 25% manganese, and 8.8% copper (via George Mateljan Foundation)
- Unsweetened green tea has 0 calories and promotes weight loss (via MNT)
- Bananas have a LOT of potassium, which is great if you’ve been eating too much salt. Keep your potassium and sodium balanced. Here’s why.
- Hemp hearts are a great source of protein. My favorite brand is Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts (available at Costco). Three tablespoons of this superfood has 10 grams of protein.
Hope you all have a Happy Friday and a fun weekend!